If you’re not already familiar with Elizabeth, she’s a Canadian born food blogger who now lives in the very, very northern part of the UK. The archipelago of Shetland actually lies closer to the Arctic Circle than it does to London!
This panna cotta is a take on a classic wobbly favourite, yet lighter and with a twist. The coffee flavour is subtle and carefully balanced by the sweetness of the caramel. Using a2 Milk™ and goat’s cream make this treat ideal for those of us with tummies sensitive to the A1 protein found in regular milk. This is a must try for your next dinner party and certainly sure to impress!
IngredientsVanilla panna cotta:
250 ml whole a2 Milk™
12 gram gelatine sachet
250 ml goats cream
125 grams vanilla sugar (or sugar with a few drops of vanilla)
Coffee caramel sauce:
2 tsp Percol Smooth Colombia instant coffee
1 tbsp hot water
125 grams caster sugar
100 ml goats cream
45 grams goat’s butter
MethodFor the panna cotta:
- Pour 125 ml of a2 Milk™ into a small saucepan and top with gelatine. Gently stir and set aside for 5 minutes before heating until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
- Place the remaining a2 Milk™, goat’s cream and vanilla sugar into a blender and blend on low until mixed thoroughly.
- While still blending, slowly tip in milk and gelatine mixture.
- Divide the mixture up into four individual serving glasses and chill for two hours in the fridge.
For the coffee caramel sauce:
- Pound the Percol instant coffee granules in a mortar and pestle to a fine powder then dissolve in a tablespoon of hot water and add to the goat’s cream.
- Meanwhile, pour the caster sugar into a non-stick pan and heat over a medium-high temperature. Using a wooden spoon, carefully stir in a circular motion to keep the sugar moving as it melts.
- Keep stirring for about 10 minutes, until the sugar is a golden caramel colour.
- Once caramelized, add the butter until it has melted completely then pour in the coffee cream. Give the sauce a good stir until combined, then take off the heat and set aside to cool.
Once cooled to room temperature, spoon the coffee caramel sauce equally over the four panna cottas and refrigerate until set.