How to make the perfect cafetiere of ground coffee
Enjoying a freshly brewed cafetiere of ground coffee should be a relaxing affair, but there are a number of things to get right before you get to the sipping stage! To make the most of your favourite Percol Coffee, we’ve put together a few helpful tips for preparing the perfect cafetiere. Whether you prefer our ready to use ground coffee, or freshly grinding our whole-beans, follow the steps below to get the best flavour every time.
- Swish some hot water around the cafetiere to warm it up.
- Use one or two heaped dessert spoons of coffee per cup, depending on how strong you like it.
- Once the kettle has boiled, leave the water for 10 – 15 seconds before filling the cafetiere. Using freshly boiled water can scald the coffee and affect the flavour.
- Put the plunger on top and leave for 2 minutes then press down about a third of the way before lifting back up. This will ensure that the saturated coffee particles sink to the bottom, and the rest of the coffee has a chance to be suitably drenched to release as much flavour as possible.
- Wait another minute before plunging completely.
Pour into your favourite mug and add milk, sugar or maybe a touch of cinnamon to taste!